[Spambayes] extending bayesian filtering

Janne Sinkkonen Janne.Sinkkonen at hut.fi
Fri Oct 31 03:07:50 EST 2003

Skip Montanaro <skip at pobox.com> writes:

>     Janne> I hacked the nway.py script a bit...
>
> Anything of general usefulness?  If so, could you post a patch on SF?

Basically I just reduced the nway.py script back to two-way again,
with forced choice (split at p=0.5) and a custom score
header. Unpolished and not generally useful, for example because there
is no corresponding custom "trained" header for this filter. (I
retrain by copying messages into separate directories by shell
scripts, and then train from scratch.)

But the idea of training by the answered status seems to be at least
somewhat useful.

It would be nice if several filters, n-way or two-way, could be
configured in an integrated fashion. But as I look at the traffic of
the spambayes list with all the Windows-specific problems etc., I
perfectly understand if this kind of feature is not very high on the
priority list. :) And currently I'm too busy and lazy to do it myself.

--
Janne