[Spambayes] Help configuring Outlook Express

Bernard Payne bernie at pobox.com
Tue Oct 28 19:09:35 EST 2003

Hi -

I can't figure out how to configure Spambayes to work with Outlook Express on a Windows 2000 system - the documentation for this aspect is totally confusing.  I managed to run the "python setup.py install" command ok, and went to the Python "lib" directory and moved the "email" library to "email_old".  But them I'm totall stumped at running the command "python scripts\sb_server.py -b" because it crashes with a winsock error.

I know there's no automatic install script for Outlook Express - only for Outlook - but can someone tell me a simple list of the essential steps I need to get this thing working - I'm really interested to try it!!

Thanks in advance...Bernie Payne