[Spambayes] Feature suggestion

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Fri Oct 24 11:48:10 EDT 2003

    Michael> One thing I catch myself doing is hearing the "new mail" sound,
    Michael> tabbing over to Outlook just to find it was spam and spambayes
    Michael> has already taken care of it.

This isn't a problem for most of the developers, as we are always staring at
our computer screens already.  There's no need for us to have audible alarms
to draw our attention to our computers. ;-)

That said, this was suggested recently.  I believe there are some limits to
what the plugin can do in the way of changing Outlook's own behavior
(suppressing the message arrival sound or changing it on-the-fly).  Your
suggestion might be doable however (though not by me, I'm not a Windows
programmer).  You might have

    * a trashcan sound for spam
    * a ping or something positive (crowd cheer? yay?) for ham
    * a huh? sound if it couldn't decide

Skip