[Spambayes] Training for ever or not

G. Armour Van Horn vanhorn at whidbey.com
Sun Oct 19 21:16:24 EDT 2003

You can stop any time you feel like it, and restart when new spam patterns start showing up. In the Advanced Configuration page there is a setting for how long cached messages should
accumulate, you could drop that to a shorter period if you like. Mine seems to be set at 7 days, probably the default.

On the first Configuration page you can also turn cacheing off completely, but that means you can't do any training other than to paste messages one at a time into the Home page.

I, personally, have enough messages trained that I am only training on Unsures and non-list Ham, Discarding all messages correctly identified as Spam and setting the "Suppress caching of
bulk ham" option (Configuration page) to Yes so they don't show up in the Review page at all.

Van

"John A. Peters" wrote:

> Does SpamBayes expect the user to keep training it for ever?  I have enough training done that it works quite well.  Now I want out of the responsibility of training it on every mail.
>
> If I do not go to the Review page of the SpamBayes Web page will the messages just continue to pile up there?
>
> All else is good.  (Thanks!)
>
> John A. Peters
> 415 509-3599 cell
> japeters at pacbell.net
> japeters1939 on Yahoo! Instant Msg.

Sign up now for Quotes of the Day, a handful of quotations
on a theme delivered every morning.
Enlightenment! Daily, for free!
mailto:twisted at whidbey.com?subject=Subscribe_QOTD

For web hosting and maintenance,