[Spambayes] Training from mail client

Tim Churches tchur at optushome.com.au
Sat Oct 18 18:37:53 EDT 2003

I use SpamBayes with pop3proxy and Evolution on Linux. It works very
well, but it would be nice to be able to train with the very few spam
messages that get through as soon as I recognise them while browsing my
email in Evolution, rather than having to make a note of them, fire up
the Web interface, find the offending messages and reclassify them as
spam. It is obviously impractical to build this into the user interface
of every mail client, so a generic means of doing this is required.
Perhaps forwarding such messages to oneself by with a specific, easy to
remember (and type) tag prepended to the subject line which signifies to
SpamBayes that it should look for this message in its database and
reclassify it as Spam. And another tag which does the opposite (rarely
needed in my experience). These tags should be user configurable so that
incoming mail can't spoof them.

Overall SpamBayes is tremendous.
--

Tim C

PGP/GnuPG Key 1024D/EAF993D0 available from keyservers everywhere
or at http://members.optushome.com.au/tchur/pubkey.asc
Key fingerprint = 8C22 BF76 33BA B3B5 1D5B  EB37 7891 46A9 EAF9 93D0