[Spambayes] Suggestion/Help offer

Dejonghe, Manuel Manuel.Dejonghe at cycos.com
Sat Oct 18 11:47:48 EDT 2003

Sorry, I didn't want to say it's useless. I had the same problem and
worked around with the outlook rules. I just wanted to say it may be
disadvantageous to incorporate this to Spambayes, although it's probably
the unique solution for these spambayes-flavours exterior to Outlook
like pop3proxy and so on.

I personally imagine a few awkward questions:
You'll have to discuss on things like if it's advantageous or not to
train on messages that have been classified by white-/blacklists.
You'll have to implement a nifty configuration for these whitelists:
"You recovered for the second time a mail coming from @microsoft.com. Do
you want to setup a whitelist-entry to prevent mails coming from
@microsoft.com to be classified as spam ?" Yeah ! That would certainly
be cool, but tricky ;-)

Furthermore, there are two huge advantages of rules set up by outlook:
1. It's already quite easy to set up these rules, including reading
addresses from the GlobalNamesAndAddr... ^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H
ActiveDirectory and a lot of other properties.
2. There are rules running on the Exchange-server. So they work even if
Outlook, Spambayes and the Client computer are switched off.