[Spambayes] Spam

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Tue Oct 14 18:39:21 EDT 2003

> For some reason, and quite frequently, my "spam" folder
> simply disappears. Recently I had to reinstate it 3 times
> within 15 minutes!

It looks like you're using the Outlook plug-in - is that correct?  Spambayes
doesn't move any folders about, so shouldn't be able to do this.  Are you
should it's not being accidentally dragged into another folder, or something
like that?  (It's far too easy, IMO, to drag folders about in Outlook).

> Also, after I do that, and filter the
> folders, I'll get an e-mail from a "friend" one time into my
> regular folder and within a few mintues that same "friend"
> will be sent into spam.  What's up?

Spambayes doesn't work by addresses; it looks at the entire message.  Have a
look at the "Clues" (from the SpamBayes toolbar) for the messages - it
should become apparent why the messages scored what they did (reading the
information on the website about how spambayes works might be useful, too).