[Spambayes] exception in mail

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Wed Oct 8 01:31:44 EDT 2003

> I'm now getting a problem with the Windows Spambayes service.  It is
> installed but I cannot start it.  It gives an
> application-specific error of 1.
>
> I used the pop3proxy_service.py remove then did the install.
> The service sits there but cannot be started.

There should be an error message in the event log for the service, which
would be of use.  If you're not sure how to get to that (I'm not :),
then you can run "pop3proxy_service.py debug", which attempts to start
the service, and if it fails, prints out the error message to the
screen.  If you can pass this on, we'll try to figure out what the
problem is.