[Spambayes] exception in mail

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Mon Oct 6 22:13:54 EDT 2003

> Since moving to 1.0a6 I get something similar pretty frequently too:
[...]
>  .DBRunRecoveryError: (-30982, 'DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error,
> run database  recovery -- fatal region error detected; run recovery')

This is worse than Syver's error since our only recommendation is to
start from scratch.

> Yesterday I tried switching from using dbhash to a pickle,
> and a fresh hammie.db to see if it made any difference, but
> it threw up this error again overnight :(

If you can regularly reproduce this error, that would be very helpful to
us (we can't).  If you're using a pickle, then the db that's getting
corrupted must be the messageinfo one (i.e. this is [
spambayes-Bugs-807217 ] fatal region error detected; run recovery).  You
can safely delete that database and leave the other one there and still
have things work.

<https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=498103&aid=807217&gro
up_id=61702>

What do you have to do to reproduce the error?  If you only do
classification and no training, do you still get it?  What training
method do you use?  What version of Python and bsddb do you have?