[Spambayes] Help! Can't install 1.0a7,blew up previous install of a6

Tom Peters tpeters at mixcom.com
Mon Nov 24 18:19:36 EST 2003

Where does one copy them to, exactly? Would this be a child directory of
the python scripts directory?

At 11:39 AM 11/25/2003 +1300, Tony Meyer wrote:
>[Tom]
> > Can I unzip into the final location where it will be executed from
> > forevermore?
>
>[Richie]
> > No, that's not how it works.  When you unpack the archive,
> > the files that you unpack are copied by the installer
> > (setup.py) into their final location.  Once you've installed
> > it, you can then delete the unpacked files - they're not
> > needed any more.
> >
> > On your machine, the location for the installed script files
> > is D:\programs\python\Scripts - that's where you should run them from.
>
>Note that there is one exception to this (which is a known problem with the
>current release, and will be fixed for the next one), which applies if you
>use the pop3proxy_tray.py script.
>
>The script needs some files that don't get copied across to the Python
>scripts directory; so you either have to run the tray script from the
>(spambayes) windows directory (but you can delete the rest of the archive),
>or copy across the missing files.
>
>=Tony Meyer

[Commentary] Sirs, I have tested your machine. It adds a new terror
to life and makes death a long felt want.  --Sir Herbert Beerbohm Tree
(1853-1917) To a gramophone company that asked for a testimonial
tpeters at nospam.mixcom.com (internet)  remove "nospam." N9QQB (ham)
"HEY YOU" (loud shouting)  WEB ADDRESS http//www.mixweb.com/tpeters
43 7' 17.2" N, by 88¸ 6' 28.9" W,  Elevation 815',  Grid Square EN53wc
WAN/LAN/Telcom Analyst, Tech Writer, MCP, Cisco Certified CCNA