[Spambayes] outlook express

Jim McAtee jmcatee at mediaodyssey.com
Sun Nov 23 18:14:17 EST 2003

From: "Tony Meyer" <tameyer at ihug.co.nz>

> Do you still need to train?  I would have thought that you'd get
> pretty acceptable results quite quickly with that volume of mail.

Spambayes isn't doing too badly.  Still, probably 5% or so of spam ends up
getting past, much of it marked as ham.  Being relatively new to Spambayes,
my initial training probably wasn't optimal.  From messages I've been reading
on this list it appears the best thing to do would be to retrain from
hand-picked sets of spam and ham.

Which leads to this question:

If I retrain from scratch, as you mention, probably the easiest way is to
pick out and set aside some spam in an OE folder and do the same with a set
of copies of ham in another folder.  Then point Spambayes, using the web
interface, at these folders to train.

Will the embedded Spambayes headers in this already-marked email cause
Spambayes any problems or have a detrimental effect on the training?  Or
would I be better served by turning off Spambayes for a couple of days while
I collect training spam _without_ the Spambayes headers?