[Spambayes] Plugin fails to load

Gautam Sabba gautams at aztec.soft.net
Tue Nov 11 23:55:52 EST 2003

Hi,

I've installed Spambayes for Outlook XP. I've been using it for a couple of
months now and things were just fine till yesterday. When trying to start up
Outlook I got an error message saying that a "serious error occurred with
spambayes and would I like to disable it". I did and that's the last I saw
of Spambayes :-(.
I see the plugin listed in the COM Add-ins... menu but it is unchecked.
Checking it and re-starting Outlook doesn't seem to help. It remains
unchecked. I've tried all the tricks on the troubleshooting page but I think
I've hit a wall. Can anyone help me? I also tried deleting the item from COM
Add-ins... Menu, re-adding (pointed to the dll) and checking the newly added
item. This hangs Outlook.
Even after uninstalling, the toolbar remained. I deleted it and
re-installed. Now, I don't see the toolbar anymore and it is not listed in
the toolbar menu.

TIA,
Gautam