[Spambayes] Complete Removal

Ricardo Basualdo ricardo at talentum.com.ar
Tue Nov 11 11:37:53 EST 2003

My OS is Windows XP.

I just bought and installed Office 2003.

I tested Outlook's 2003 new Junk Mail filter and it filtered about 99% of
the junk, so I decided to uninstall Spam Bayes (even though it has being
very useful for me while I used it, for which I'm thankful for this).

Okay, the problem is that Spam Bayes does not have an uninstall option, so I
used the Add Remove Programs control panel to uninstall it and even though
it doesn't show anymore in the list of installed programs, I got a message
saying "some components could not be uninstalled and you should do it
manually".

After that I re-started my computer and Outlook, but the buttons of Spam
Bayes, even though disabled, still appear there. Here is a screen shot.

I also tried to disable it by going to the Com Add-Inns window, but as you
can see, Spam Bayes doesn't show on the list.

So, how can I remove it completely and stop the Icons of Spam Bayes to keep
showing in Outlook?

PD: I read all your FAQ and other notes and there's nothing specifically
addressing this issue.

Thanks for your answer.

Ricardo Basualdo

TALENTUM THINK TANK