[Spambayes] Installing the next beta

Tom Peters tpeters at mixcom.com
Sun Nov 9 22:30:44 EST 2003

Sorry I didn't give all the details. I use the POP3 proxy. I downloaded the
package labeled 1.0a5 then upgraded to 1.0a6 which is what I'm using now.

I installed a6 in a separate directory from the a5 release which is why I
think it didn't seem to retain the training from the prior release, but it
was hard to tell since I hadn't done extensive training.

At 11:35 PM 11/9/2003 +0000, you wrote:
> > I have 1.0a7 downloaded and want to install it in the next day or so.
> Can I
> > preserve the training I've done so far? How?
>
>You don't say which SpamBayes application you're running - Outlook plugin,
>POP3 proxy, IMAP filter, sb_filter...?  You also don't say what version
>you're currently running.
>
>If you're running the POP3 proxy, version 1.0a6, you can just upgrade.  It
>will automatically pick up your old settings and your old database.

[Government]A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul. --George Bernard Shaw
tpeters at nospam.mixcom.com (internet)  remove "nospam." N9QQB (ham)
"HEY YOU" (loud shouting)  WEB ADDRESS http//www.mixweb.com/tpeters
43 7' 17.2" N, by 88¸ 6' 28.9" W,  Elevation 815',  Grid Square EN53wc
WAN/LAN/Telcom Analyst, Tech Writer, MCP, Cisco Certified CCNA