[Spambayes] repeatable condition where SpamBayes misses new message

Seth Goodman delete at GoodmanAssociates.com
Thu Nov 6 18:36:35 EST 2003

> Wouldn't another solution simply be to set the background processing to a
> much lower value?  Remember the intention here is to prevent
> conflicts with
> the builtin rules - I have mine set around the defaults of a 1/2 seconds.
> This way it will be processed before the preview-pane marks it as read.

Thanks, Mark.  I originally had the "processing start delay" timer set to 10
seconds because I had a POP3 proxy in place to do external DNSBL lookups.
These lookups could be quite slow.  Now I've decided to go all-or-nothing
with SpamBayes, so I've removed the external proxy and set the "processing
start delay" to 2.0 seconds and the "delay between processing items" to 1.0
seconds.  This works much, much better.  Thanks again.

I'm just curious what the "delay between processing items" timer is meant
for.  Doesn't the "processing start delay", which is retriggerable (sorry,
I'm a hardware guy), prevent SpamBayes from looking for new folder add
events when new messages are arriving?  Also, how does this work when I am
receiving a large message that takes longer than the "processing start
delay" to receive?

Seth Goodman
to reply, change delete to sethg