[Spambayes] Is simple better?

Kenny Pitt kennypitt at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 4 15:11:00 EST 2003

Andrew J. Coutermarsh wrote:
>> can you be more specific?
>
> Well, what I meant by that is this, for example: If somebody includes
> you in a CC:, it would get snatched up.  Conversely, spammers often
> put your name in the To: line, thus making it go through to your
> inbox.  So while simple CAN work, it's often better to use it in
> conjunction with a filter.

You may also miss messages sent to mailing lists that you subscribe to,
because mailing lists often only include the list address in the To
field.  Notice that the original message has simply "To:
spambayes at python.org".  If I were using a filter that prevented any
message that did not have my e-mail address in the To field then I would
never have seen it.

--
Kenny Pitt