[Spambayes] Multiple Accounts - only main inbox being filtered

Kenny Pitt kennypitt at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 4 09:15:28 EST 2003

Victor Issa wrote:
> I installed SpamBayes on Outlook 2003 and trained it with over 5000
> messages.
>
> It appears to move items in the main inbox to the spam folders, but
> anything sent to another account or moved to other folders with
> Outlook rules is not being moved properly.. They are being scored
> properly.  I've tried setting background filtering to several options
> but it doesn't seem to make a difference.. I've also tried turning
> background filtering off.

If an Outlook rule moves a message out of your filtered folders before
SpamBayes processes it then it will not be moved to your spam folder.
Outlook rules should always run first if background filtering is on, but
may still run first in some cases even if background filtering is off.
You also need to make sure that the folder where "anything sent to
another account" gets placed is included in your list of filtered
folders.

How are you determining that messages "are begin scored properly"?  I've
noticed that a lot of people don't realize that choosing "Show spam
clues for current message" scores the selected message right then and
there, and has nothing to do with any previous processing by SpamBayes.
If you have set up your folder view in Outlook to display the Spam field
added by SpamBayes (see "Viewing and Using the Spam Score Field" under
SpamBayes/Help/About SpamBayes if you haven't), then a score in that
field is a good indication that SpamBayes saw the message.  If the field
is blank then SpamBayes did not process the message automatically.

Could you grab a copy of your log file after receiving several of the
messages that aren't processed correctly, and then post it here?  The
"Check the log file" section under SpamBayes/Help/Troubleshooting Guide
shows how to do this if you haven't done it before.

--
Kenny Pitt