[Spambayes] Header cropping

Harald Hanche-Olsen hanche at math.ntnu.no
Sat May 10 15:54:57 EDT 2003

I found the following message in my unsure folder today.

  --3A._5F.64A._C_D.DE._AE--

  --3A._5F.64A._C_D.DE._AE--

Yes, that is the entire message, headers and all (I just indented it
for your reading pleasure).

According to the logs, the message was 1310 bytes long when it
arrived.  At the very least, there should be a couple Received headers
as well as Delivered-To headers in there.  Also, the log shows there
was a Message-Id header.  The envelope sender (from the log) strongly
indicates it was indeed spam, so I don't regret the loss of this
particular message.  But I find it somewhat alarming.

I assume the problem arose because of some malformed header.  But
malformed headers sometimes occur in ham mail too, and I'd still like
to receive these messages without further damage.

Any thoughts?

- Harald

PS.  My spambayes source is from CVS as of last Wednesday.