[Spambayes] Beta status checklist

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Thu Mar 20 19:25:58 EST 2003

> * Some kind of recovery from wordinfo database corruption

If the database itself is corrupt, is there really anything we can do,
other than point them towards the db recovery tools? (Unless we expect
people to hold onto ham & spam to retrain on).

I would suggest that if the db is dead, all we can do is rename it (for
recovery purposes) and create a new, empty db.

> (nham and nspam are lost on an increasingly frequent basis)

It seems (via a grep for 'nham' or 'nspam') like the only things that
use nham and nspam are:
* testing code (the user wouldn't be using this)
* experimental_ham_spam_imbalance (off by default)

If this is correct, does it really matter if nham and/or nspam are
incorrect? (Not that the bugs shouldn't be traced down, however).