[Spambayes] Re: Outlook addin delay in updating and resetting unread

David Bolen db3l at fitlinxx.com
Wed Mar 19 13:05:41 EST 2003

"Moore, Paul" <Paul.Moore at atosorigin.com> writes:

> I've not heard anyone hitting this except on Exchange, so maybe
> it's an issue with how Outlook interacts with Exchange rather than
> a pure Outlook issue...?

Could be - I only work with an Exchange server.  I've determined that
a workaround that seems solid at this point is to execute another
SaveChanges() call when changing the Spam property.  At this point I'm
testing it via another msg.Save() call up in the filter module.

I'm not sure why, but since that results in two saves during filtering
(one after the spam property is updated and another after the mail
folder information as part of the actions) the display is always
updated immediately.  It's probably a bit more overhead, but I'm not
sure how much and if it fixes the issue, I'm willing to spend the
extra API call (which presumably may result in another round trip to
the server).

I've only been able to test on my machine so far since I'm having
trouble exactly replicating the binary installer package, but it's
working for me.

-- David