[Spambayes] Storing Options

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Thu Mar 13 17:45:12 EST 2003

Ignoring the fact that it's scattered throughout the code base, does anyone like the current method of getting options?

What I personally do not like (in order of dislike):
* That sections are ignored, leading to names like pop3proxy_servers.

* Updating the options object does not update the underlying ConfigParser (now UpdatableConfigParser ;) object, so a write() (or update()) will not write the updated values.

* Having all the defaults in Options.py, rather than a much simpler default config file (IIRC the reason for folding the file in was so that it didn't matter which directory you were running from, but the envar should take care of that, yes?)

I know I'm not completely alone here, but I'd like to know if there are lots of people (or even a few of the right people ;) that like it as it is.  If people (a) don't care, or (b) also don't like it, then I'll try and come up with a better scheme (and present it before making any changes!).