[Spambayes] weighting question

bill parducci bill at parducci.net
Tue Mar 11 18:00:55 EST 2003

Skip Montanaro wrote:
> You can set this in your Options.py file:
>
>     [Tokenizer]
>     address_headers: from to cc

[Tokenizer]
address_headers: from

is the default value on my system, which makes me think that spambayes is already considering the 'mail from' information. (unless another flag needs to be set to enable this: basic_header_tokenize?)

if that is the case then i would think retraining with the original in the spam mbox and the forwarded version in an ham mbox should score the sender (forwarder) very strongly HAM, right? (of course, to do this i would have to hand hack the mbox file, not having the original spam.)  if so, then the question becomes is that enough to qualify subsequent messages from sender as ham? and if it isn't, then i am back full circle to wanting to be able to weight it separately from the message payload! :o)

thanks