[Spambayes] mboxtrain.py crashes

Neale Pickett neale at woozle.org
Thu Mar 6 09:52:33 EST 2003

Tim Stone - Four Stones Expressions <tim at fourstonesExpressions.com> writes:

> Jean-Marc Valin <jean-marc.valin at hermes.usherb.ca> wrote:
>
>>   File "/opt//lib/python2.3/email/Utils.py", line 283, in decode_rfc2231
>>     charset, language, s = s.split("'", 2)
>> ValueError: unpack list of wrong size
>
> Jean-Marc, please report this as a bug so we can track it.  You can do
> that at http://sourceforge.net/projects/spambayes/ Otherwise, your
> report will get lost in the mailing list noise.  Thanks.

Right.  But just for the record, it looks an awful lot like another
instance of the email package not handling really fouled-up messages
gracefully.  So the fix may be a long time coming.  In the meantime,
since that message is probably spam, you can most likely just delete it
and mboxtrain will continue to work.

Actually, I guess mboxtrain could be a little more error-resistant.
I'll add that to the todo list.

Neale