[Spambayes] corruption of hammie.db ?

Gerald Hein gerald.hein at epost.de
Thu Jun 26 22:38:32 EDT 2003

Hi,

I'm running Win98SE, the installed versin of Python is 2.2.3.
I've installed Spambayes 1.0a3 a few days ago and I'm running
pop3proxy.

Everything runs very smoothly and I was very statisfied by spam
filtering for the first 5 days. An hour ago, something strange
seemed to have happened and pop3proxy doesn't start any more.
I didn't change anything of the Installation, so the cause must be
pop3proxy itself.

Trying to start pop3proxy results in the following error messages:

using SpamBayes POP3 Proxy Web Interface Alpha2, version 0.02
and engine SpamBayes Beta1, version 0.1 (May 2003).

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "pop3proxy.py", line 731, in ?
     run()
   File "pop3proxy.py", line 706, in run
     state.createWorkers()
   File "pop3proxy.py", line 548, in createWorkers
     self.bayes = storage.DBDictClassifier(filename)
   File "C:\PROGRAMME\PYTHON22\Lib\site-packages\spambayes\storage.py",
line 147,
  in __init__
     self.load()
   File "C:\PROGRAMME\PYTHON22\Lib\site-packages\spambayes\storage.py",
line 159,
  in load
     t = self.db[self.statekey]
   File "C:\PROGRAMME\PYTHON22\lib\shelve.py", line 71, in __getitem__
     return Unpickler(f).load()
EOFError
Exception exceptions.AttributeError: "'NoneType' object has no attribute
'error'
" in <bound method _Database.__del__ of <dumbdbm._Database instance at
0x00ED45C
0>> ignored

Is there a known bug, making the hammie.db corrupt ?

After deleting hammie.db.dat, hammie.db.dir, hammie.db.bak and
spambayes.messageinfo.db.dat and spambayes.messageinfo.db.dir
I could restart pop3proxy without any further problems ...
I now will train the spam filter  and will wait for the
error again ...

Regards,
Gerald