[Spambayes] various items

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Mon Jun 9 12:12:29 EDT 2003

> Clearly the "H:" is site specific.  I take it that you have
> not taught Windows that the H: is where application data should exist?
> My question is: how are we supposed to know where to keep the
> file?

One thing that would work, of course, is to get a source copy of
Spambayes and make a modification so that it looks in H:\spambayes\ for
the data (this would be a fairly simple patch).  This would mean losing
the convenience of the binary installer, but avoids the difficulty of
answering Mark's question :)

As a possible answer, however, the installer could ask the user where
application data should be stored (I've used installers that do this).
The 'correct' directory (according to Windows) could be the default,
with other options being the spambayes directory itself and a 'browse'
button.  The installer would then have the task of passing this
information on to the plugin (somehow).  I don't know how difficult this
would be with the McMillan installer that Mark uses.