[Spambayes] Whitelisting

Nick Vincent nick at neoworks.com
Thu Jul 31 14:05:15 EDT 2003

Hi Sophie,

> I use a couple of methods to solve this type of problem.
> 1. I use the bat mail program which applies its filters in
> the order that they are stored, so in your case i would
> filter on 'word of the day" before I filter on the spambayes
> header. the spambayas filter would never see the msg.

I can see how your solution would be work, and I could do something similar
with Outlook rules.  I imagine that there are lots of platform specific ways
to work around the issue, I just wanted to discuss an interesting boundary
condition which may effect the useability of SpamBayes as a product.

> The other system is to use one of the free e-mail suppliers
> for that particular service, then filter only to accept mail
> from from the one place. For instance this address only
> accepts from from spambayas and one other mailing list. Makes
> filtering a dream.

Again, I can do this if I want, but I was looking at a solution that would
leave the mail unfiltered in my inbox without having to make some kind of
external workaround.

Nick