[Spambayes] RE: Spambayes Digest, Vol 59, Issue 60

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Sat Jul 26 19:42:53 EDT 2003

[Ken Long]
>> This sure makes one wonder if the mailing list is using Spambayes!
>> Evidently not!

[Anthony Baxter]
> Nope. We turned off spam filtering early on because it kept
> interfering with our discussions - for instance, it's not an uncommon
> thing to forward a spam to this list (discussing some particular
> feature of the spam).

I think the current truth is that mail to this list does get scored by a
spambayes installation on python.org, but I've deliberately not told Mailman
to look at the spambayes header line it injects.

> But your spambayes installation should have caught the message,
> right? ;)

These msgs actually got held for moderator approval, because of the sheer
size of the PDF attachments.  I was in a perverse mood at the time <wink>,
and explicitly approved them.