[Spambayes] X-Spambayes-Exception

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Sun Jul 20 14:57:22 EDT 2003

> On some mail the following error is encountered and labelled
> X-Spambayes-Exception -
>
> exceptions.AssertionError() in probability() at
> ./spambayes/classifier.py line 307: assert hamcount<= nham

This means that your database is corrupt.  If you are using dumbdbm (you
will have hammie.db.dir and hammie.db.dat files), you should change to
using a pickle/pybsddb.  See the message from Skip (about 4 messages
ago) about where to find information about doing this.

In either case, you will need to retrain your database.

Note that:
  1.  We've (just) checked in a change that means that when this occurs
an error will also be printed (so that you are aware of it, rather than
just finding another header).
  2.  If you're not using dumbdbm, and you find that your database is
regularly becoming corrupted, then we need to figure out why this is, so
please let us know if this is the case.