[Spambayes] 3 problems

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Fri Jul 18 11:54:32 EDT 2003

>> If it's a permissioning issue then I'd have expected to see an error
>> message from the service module itself - either at system startup or
>> at service startup - to the effect that the smtp proxy module cannot
>> start. There is no such message in the event logs or anywhere
>> else that I can see.

> I agree in general - however, it assumes that the code
> makes no attempt to catch this error.  The pop3 proxy guts
> may be silently eating the problem text.

I don't know anything much about the service stuff, but I can definitely
say that pop3proxy has an annoying habit of eating up error messages,
particularly those involving the ui.  (Sometimes these will appear in
the html generated, sometimes in the console window, and sometimes it
seems not at all).