[Spambayes] Re: [spambayes-dev] Remote access

Richie Hindle richie at entrian.com
Tue Jul 15 22:41:31 EDT 2003

[Van]
> Is there anything in the SpamBayes code that is preventing remote access to
> either the proxy or the web interface?

[papaDoc]
> Yes, there is the options "allow_remote_connection "

[Van]
> I put that in the html_ui section, and  the proxy wouldn't start at all. I then
> added ":True" at the end and it announced an invalid option at startup. I also
> tried it in the pop3proxy section with the same result.

The option is 'allow_remote_connections = True' (note the 's' and '=').

But that only affects the web interface and not the POP3 proxy - the proxy
should allow connections from any machine.  When you start pop3proxy.py,
you should see a message like this:

Listener on port 110 is proxying pop3.demon.co.uk:110

This corresponds with my bayescustomize.ini:

[pop3proxy]
listen_ports=110
remote_servers=pop3.demon.co.uk

Does your setup look similar to this?