[Spambayes] Database question.

Jonathan Steeves jsteeves at allision.com
Wed Jul 2 10:54:24 EDT 2003

Just a quick note to say that this add-in is awesome.  Why MS doesn't
include this sort of thing in its software is a mystery to me.

One question: does SpamBayes automatically train itself on new filtered
spam.  What I mean by this is if I set up the program and train it and
then several hundred more spam come in (and are filtered to the Spam
folder) are these messages added to the spam database automatically?  It
doesn't seem to (based on the display in the Spam Manager screen where
it tells you how many spam and ham messages are in your database). Would
I have to train it periodically?  Personally, I think this would be a
great addition to the usability of the program.

I'm currently testing SpamBayes on Outlook 2002 Sp1 on a Win2k Sp3
machine and it's working great.  I noticed on your compatability matrix
that it was marked as "unknown " for that configuration.  I installed
the plugin using the Outlook plugin installer.

Jon Steeves
jsteeves at allision.com