[Spambayes] Re: egregious patents on anti-spam techniques (Kaitlin Duck Sherwood)

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Thu Jan 30 18:21:03 EST 2003

    Rod> The good news is the filing date is June 14, 2001.

    Rod> I'd like to suggest that it would be good to file a protest as
    Rod> Kaitlin suggested. There was certainly work done in this area
    Rod> before June 14, 2001.  Does anyone have pointers they can pass
    Rod> along.

Check the list archives.  There has been academic research in this area,
though I don't know the reference off the top of my head.  It's come up
in one of these four places:

    * this list
    * at the recent spam workshop
    * on Gary Robinson's website
    * on Paul Graham's website

It would probably be a good idea to collect a bibliography on the spambayes
website, though I'm short on time at the moment.  This is one of those
things where a Wiki would be marvelous.  Anthony, can MoinMoin be run on SF?
If not, I'd be happy to create a new MoinMoin instance on manatee.mojam.com.

Skip