[Spambayes] Re: [SAtalk] spampot -- spam honeypot server (fwd)

Neale Pickett neale at woozle.org
Tue Jan 21 08:15:17 EST 2003

Matt Sergeant <msergeant at startechgroup.co.uk> writes:

> I had dinner with Neale where we discussed this. Interesting project
> (as is Jackpot, but err, Java. Ick). However the one downside of this
> was it was 400MB of the EXACT same email.

Psh, details.  :^)

But yes, it was 200MB of the exact same email (with templates filled
in), and then 200MB of another message.  I've since added in logic to
only store every 20th message sent over the same SMTP connection.  Now I
have a measley 2MB of spam.  But I imagine that will increase rapidly as
my probe detection gets better.  (I mean, I've only been running this
thing for a week ;)

I'm not sure if I need razor (or pyzor) just yet.  So far, spammers
will send all their mail over just a few connections, so it's effective
to only store specimens.  But I may need some signature-checking logic
soon.

Neale