[Spambayes] proxytrainer.py and proxytee.py are checked in

Richie Hindle richie at entrian.com
Mon Jan 20 20:30:16 EST 2003

[Richie]
> You should really make your message-naming code use the same
> system as everything else

[Skip]
> Wasn't aware I did anything differently than you.  Did you notice something?

It looks like you've introduced self.messageName, which you increment each
time you receive a message.  I base all message names on time.time(), with
a uniquifier appended if two arrive within one clock tick of each other -
see onRetr().

[Skip]
> I think as important (or more important) than day-by-day display is
> chunk-by-chunk display.  I get far too much mail to want to review it all at
> once anyway.  If I can't take the time to train everything, I don't want to
> be depressed about it. ;-)

Fair enough.  I find that one day per chunk makes sense, and even if I get
a hundred messages in a day, once the system's been trained it's still very
quick to cast my eye down the list and correct any mistakes.

[Richie]
> If I can persuade you to use pop3proxy (or its successor, a
> generic Spambayes server that can optionally host either or both
> of the web UI and the POP3 proxy), you won't need to pull out
> the async stuff.

[Skip]
> That's fine.  My only worry is that the async code will never be as well
> exercised as SimpleHTTPServer.

Maybe, I don't know.  As far as I know there have never been any
async-related problems with pop3proxy, and I've used it successfully in my
day job.

--
Richie Hindle
richie at entrian.com