[Spambayes] Outlook plugin & bad folders

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Wed Jan 15 22:52:09 EST 2003

[Piers Haken]

> The outlook version was added because the IDs that MAPI
> returns aren't compatible with the outlook IDs and you
> can't open a message on an exchange server with a MAPI ID.
> The MAPI tree-building case works fine on exchange, it's the
> message filtering code that breaks.

Can you remember the exact problem?  Can you re-enable that code and see
what it was?  If necessary, we can add some extra diagnostic code to see
where the EntryIDs differ, and look if there is any way we can normalize it.

> BTW: Mark, you still didn't commit the CompareIDs fix I
> sent you a while back. The current version 'works' but
> '==' is not the recommended way to do the comparison...

Yes, I haven't committed it because, as you said, it currently works <wink>.
Fortunately and thankfully, you added a bug about it (even attaching a
patch) so there is no way I can forget.  As I am sure you can see from
Tony's stats though, getting the MAPI version working is a much better
option!  I'm sure we can make the MAPI verion work - the MAPI extensions
were developed against an exchange server.

Back-when-Outlook-was-but-a-sparkle-in-Bill's-eye ly,

Mark.