[Spambayes] Outlook plugin & bad folders

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Wed Jan 15 16:36:59 EST 2003

[Mark Hammond]
> The only thing is that we are wrapping the recursive call to
> _BuildFolderTree in the exception handler.  I would generally
> prefer to only
> catch the operation in error.  Is it possible for you to
> include the full
> traceback without this patch applied?  Then I will get it into CVS.
Here you go:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:\CVS Modules\spambayes\Outlook2000\dialogs\FolderSelector.py", line 322, in OnInitDialog
    tree = BuildFolderTreeOutlook(self.mapi)
  File "D:\CVS Modules\spambayes\Outlook2000\dialogs\FolderSelector.py", line 128, in BuildFolderTreeOutlook
    root.children = _BuildFolderTreeOutlook(session, session)
  File "D:\CVS Modules\spambayes\Outlook2000\dialogs\FolderSelector.py", line 122, in _BuildFolderTreeOutlook
    spec.children = _BuildFolderTreeOutlook(session, folder)
  File "D:\CVS Modules\spambayes\Outlook2000\dialogs\FolderSelector.py", line 122, in _BuildFolderTreeOutlook
    spec.children = _BuildFolderTreeOutlook(session, folder)
  File "D:\CVS Modules\spambayes\Outlook2000\dialogs\FolderSelector.py", line 122, in _BuildFolderTreeOutlook
    spec.children = _BuildFolderTreeOutlook(session, folder)
  File "D:\CVS Modules\spambayes\Outlook2000\dialogs\FolderSelector.py", line 119, in _BuildFolderTreeOutlook
    spec = FolderSpec((folder.StoreID, folder.EntryID),
  File "D:\Python22\lib\site-packages\win32com\client\__init__.py", line 369, in __getattr__
    return apply(self._ApplyTypes_, args)
  File "D:\Python22\lib\site-packages\win32com\client\__init__.py", line 363, in _ApplyTypes_
    return self._get_good_object_(apply(self._oleobj_.InvokeTypes, (dispid, 0, wFlags, retType, argTypes) + args), user, resultCLSID)
pywintypes.com_error: (-2147352567, 'Exception occurred.', (4096, 'Microsoft Outlook', 'The operation failed.', None, 0, -2147221233), None)
win32ui: OnInitDialog() virtual handler (<bound method FolderSelector.OnInitDialog of <dialogs.FolderSelector.FolderSelector instance at 0x03A7CE00>>) raised an exception

> Thanks for digging in to find this problem!
It wouldn't have felt right to mail a "my folder list is empty" message to the list and not do something myself :)

Along a similiar(ish) line:
I actually have another line added to _BuildFolderTreeOutlook that skips me past all the public folders (just a 'if folder.name == "Public Folders" kind of thing), because otherwise it takes several minutes to build the list.

How likely is it that people will want to train on a public folder?  Could there maybe be an option in the .ini or somewhere like "Present_Public_Folders: False", for those like me that don't and have very large public folders?