[Spambayes] Using Spambayes w/ Eudora

Mon Jan 13 22:24:11 EST 2003

1/13/2003 10:19:22 PM, Neale Pickett <neale at woozle.org> wrote:

>Anthony Baxter <anthony at interlink.com.au> writes:
>
>>> Is there any reason that in principle pop3proxy can't multiplex the
content
>>> it receives from several different servers on a single output port?
>>
>> The problem is knowing, when it gets a connection from the mail client,
>> which server the mail client wishes to talk to.
>
>Wait, why can't you just log in with a username of
>
>  username at hostname
>
>?
>
>Or username:hostname or username@@hostname or whatever.  The point is,
>you'd send the name of the POP server you're trying to contact as part
>of the username.  We used to do this to vhost pop accounts back at the
>big dot-bomb ISP where I worked.  AFAIK, it worked great.

There ya go... it's a hack, but relatively elegant.  pop3proxy would have to
be altered to recognize the pattern, but that shouldn't be too difficult.  I
was thinking of a scheme where the proxy would recognize that multiple servers
were being proxied on the same port, and do the LIST and RETR stuff on both,
and send the stuff back on that single port, where a filter could be set up to
route the incoming mail to the correct inbox based on the headers.  Your idea
might be a bit easier than that...

- TimS

>Neale

c'est moi - TimS