[Spambayes] changing various Options settings.

Mon Jan 13 07:49:15 EST 2003

This is really only a semantic problem, but I agree that it needs to
be moved.  Unfortunately, duplicating it creates another problem.  I
doubt that the old one will ever really go away if we do it that
way.  Let's keep in mind that we're doing this for release, and just
do it right the first time.

This is a special case of a general problem with Options.py.
There's a ton of stuff that's only meaningful to the research phase
of the project.  Also, and this is a big one, there are multiple
places to specify database names.  To me this is a really big
problem, particularly for OptionsConfig.py, which right now assumes
that you're running the pop3proxy (an obviously invalid assumption).
There should only be one place to specify a database, or if we think
that people might be running more than one 'subsystem', we should
have a place clearly for each one.  I propose we simply have a term
'database-name' or something like that, which will be used
regardless of whether your running pop3proxy or hammie or whatever
else...

- TimS