[Spambayes] Two amusing spam clues

richie at entrian.com richie at entrian.com
Tue Jan 7 10:49:48 EST 2003

[Neil]
> I don't about other people on this
> list but my spambayes filter is kicking spammer ass.  I very rarely see
> a FN and even more rarely see a FP.  Props to everyone who helped out
> with development.

Me too.  I came back from the Christmas break to find 315 messages waiting
for me.  My spambayes system had only been trained on 900 messages, but
correctly classified 262 spams and 48 hams, and was unsure about just 5
messages (2 hams, 3 spams).  No FPs, no FNs.  Very impressive.

I'm now working on pulling the HTML code out from pop3proxy.py (where all
the HTML is mixed in with the Python) into a separate HTML file, which is
viewable and editable, and making the web UI pull the HTML components out
of there at run time.  That should let me unify the pop3proxy web UI with
Tim Stone's OptionsConfig.py, and should let John Draper integrate his
proposed web-based Spam Management System much more easily.

I also have a fix for the memory-usage problems posted by Rob B back in
December - I'll check that in with the HTML edits.

--
Richie Hindle
richie at entrian.com