[Spambayes] [ spambayes-Feature Requests-690997 ] automated unlearn/relearn in mboxtrain.py

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Fri Feb 21 19:16:20 EST 2003

Feature Requests item #690997, was opened at 2003-02-21 19:58
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=498106&aid=690997&group_id=61702

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I run mboxtrain.py via a cron job every night.
However, if I had a FP or FN sitting in either my ham
or spam box when the training happens it will of course
reinforce this bad behaviour.  Moving the message to
the correct mailbox won't fix the problem, since
mboxtrain adds a header to each message it has trained
on saying that it already trained on this message and
not to do it again.  What would be nice is if that
header actually said that it had already been trained
on as spam/ham.  If mboxtrainer comes across this
header in a message for the opposite (ie, this message
was trained as ham, but I'm finding it in the spam box
now) it will untrain that message and then train it
again properly.

Of course, it's possible that it already does this and
it's just not documented.  I don't know python, so I
can't really figure it out myself.

Additionally, running 'python setup.py install' doesn't
automatically install mboxtrain.py, is this correct?