[Spambayes] getting SpamBayes to work with Outlook XP

klassa at nc.rr.com klassa at nc.rr.com
Thu Feb 20 12:34:48 EST 2003

In case anybody else is running into this, I got SpamBayes to work with
Outlook XP, but it took a couple of tries.

I first tried ActiveState's version of python, thinking I'd be all set
because it comes with the win32all stuff (at least, I think it does).
It's also got the email extensions (again, at least I think it does)
because it's 2.2 (and the email extensions come with 2.2+, according to
Barry's web page about the email extensions).

I ran the addin.py, and it told me that it had registered
SpamBayes.OutlookAddin (or something to that effect), but I could never
get it to come up when I subsequently brought up Outlook.

I uninstalled the ActiveState port, intstalled the sf version of python,
installed the win32all distribution, and then installed the email
extensions (just in case).  Ran addin.py, brought up Outlook, joy.

Just another data point.

FWIW, YMMV, and all that...

John