[Spambayes] Training spambayes on a large set of mailbox files

Edward Muller edwardam at interlix.com
Wed Feb 19 19:43:00 EST 2003

Comments inline ...

BTW: on another topic ... Does spambayes support any SQL servers?

If not I'm tempted to look at adding support....

On Wed, 2003-02-19 at 18:56, Neale Pickett wrote:
> Edward Muller <edwardam at interlix.com> writes:
>
> > Is there an easy way to train spambayes on a large set of mailbox files?
> >
> > It would be a read pain in the but to have to use multiple options on
> > the command line for each mailbox file....
>
> Sure.  Do it from python:

> ...     mboxtrain.train(h, m, False, False)
>
> (I haven't tested this, so back up your mailboxes before you do it.)

hehe. I'll probably do something like this ...

> If you're in unix, just do this:
>
> $ for i in hambox1 hambox2 hambox3; do
> >  mboxtrain.py -g $i
> > done

That would work if they were all in the same directory. I have a fairly
deep directory structure of mailboxes (IMAP server)...

I'll probably just construct a loop and a function or two in python to
do it...

--
Edward Muller

Interlix - President

Web Hosting - PC Service & Support
Custom Programming - Network Service & Support

Phone: 417-862-0573
 Cell: 417-844-2435
  Fax: 417-862-0572

http://www.interlix.com