[Spambayes] Use of email package

Justin Mason jm at jmason.org
Wed Feb 19 17:08:54 EST 2003

Tim Stone - Four Stones Expressions said:

> We've got to either seriously harden our code so it knows what to do
> when the email package raises an exception, or consider not using the
> email package.  I think I'll be reworking pop3proxy so that it no longer
> uses the email package for anything.  The Corpus stuff currently has
> most (all?) the function that i s needed by pop3proxy anyway.

Folks -- quick note from the SpamAssassin side of things -- we found
we had to write our own, alright.  You've gotta be supremely defensive
about how ill-formed the mail could be, plus some of those make great
spam-signs too.  Most "normal" mail pkgs assume some "safe" assumptions
either for efficiency or easy code, but with a spam filter, you're
in unsafe territory anyway ;)

--j.