[Spambayes] pop3proxy: what are (none) messages?

Richie Hindle richie at entrian.com
Thu Feb 13 21:15:37 EST 2003

Hi Jon,

> So I've got pop3proxy working with Eudora beautifully. Thanks again
> everyone for helping me out with that. The problem I'm seeing now
> relates to the review process. When I go to train messages, sometimes
> a message will show up with "(none)" for a subject as well as for a
> recipient.

That means that either there's no Subject/To/etc header, or the email was
broken in some way so the software couldn't find the relevant header.

If you find a message that looks valid but shows up with "(none)", please
send it to me (click on the subject to view the message, look for the
corresponding file in the pop3proxy-xxx-cache directory, and zip up the
file - that guarantees that nothing mangles the message in transit).

Thanks,

--
Richie Hindle
richie at entrian.com