[Spambayes] Problem installing Spammie on Outlook 2000

David LeBlanc whisper at oz.net
Wed Feb 12 16:19:46 EST 2003

David LeBlanc
Seattle, WA USA
<snip>
> What's broken?  To remove the demo "Python" button, just run the
> same demo script again with the parameter "--unregister".

I wish I remembered the name of that demo script!!!

> You should (also) have an "Anti-Spam" button on the toolbar.
> This is where you can find all the spambayes config.  If you
> don't have this button, then if you could send a trace* to the
> list that would probably be easiest.
>
> =Tony Meyer
>
> * Open PythonWin, and choose TOOLS, then TRACE COLLECTOR
> DEBUGGING TOOL.  Then open Outlook and copy everything in the
> trace window from the start of the error.

No Anti-Spam button. Trace Collector Debugging Tool returned:
 File "J:\Python22\lib\site-packages\win32com\universal.py", line 150, in
dispatch
    retVal = ob._InvokeEx_(meth.dispid, 0, pythoncom.DISPATCH_METHOD, args,
None, None)
  File "J:\Python22\lib\site-packages\win32com\server\policy.py", line 322,
in _InvokeEx_
    return self._invokeex_(dispid, lcid, wFlags, args, kwargs,
serviceProvider)
  File "J:\Python22\lib\site-packages\win32com\server\policy.py", line 562,
in _invokeex_
    return DesignatedWrapPolicy._invokeex_( self, dispid, lcid, wFlags,
args, kwArgs, serviceProvider)
  File "J:\Python22\lib\site-packages\win32com\server\policy.py", line 510,
in _invokeex_
    return apply(func, args)
  File "J:\Apps\Spammie\addin.py", line 615, in OnConnection
    self.manager = manager.GetManager(application)
  File "J:\Apps\Spammie\manager.py", line 419, in GetManager
    _mgr = BayesManager(outlook=outlook, verbose=verbose)
  File "J:\Apps\Spammie\manager.py", line 158, in __init__
    self.LoadBayes()
  File "J:\Apps\Spammie\manager.py", line 265, in LoadBayes
    self.InitNewBayes()
  File "J:\Apps\Spammie\manager.py", line 314, in InitNewBayes
    self.bayes = self.db_manager.new_bayes()
  File "J:\Apps\Spammie\manager.py", line 87, in new_bayes
    os.unlink(self.bayes_filename)
exceptions.OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'J:\\Apps\\Spammie\\default_bayes_database.pck'
OnStartupComplete None

Don't recall anything about setting up any kind of db support or mention of
any particular package needed for it.

Dave LeBlanc
Seattle, WA USA