[Spambayes] It gets funnier all the time....

Neil Schemenauer nas at python.ca
Wed Feb 12 06:55:59 EST 2003

Rob W.W. Hooft wrote:
> But that means that if we wan't to be able to use the clues in
> spambayes, we either have to make a token base64-encoding-missing or
> we have to decode it to get the clues from the body.

Generating a clue sounds best, assuming SB doesn't nail it already.

> I was lucky enough not to see any body parts in this case because
> Mozilla is smart enough not to decode it.... If this stays a loophole,
> more and more spammers might start using it.

This behavior is a nightmare for virus filters since they have to know
how clients will interpret messages.  This behavior has been present for
a long time.  Exporer does a similar thing.  I'm not holding my breath
for them to change it.

  Neil