[Spambayes] RE: Is this a sign of future problems ?

Robert K. Coe bob at 1776.com
Wed Dec 17 11:07:01 EST 2003

You bring up a good point. My home domain has a catchy name, so spammers frequently use it in forged headers. So I get a lot of bounce messages from recipient sites that don't recognize the forgery. I've noticed that some large ISP's (AOL, for one) seem to enjoy taunting the spammer with the exact reason they didn't deliver his message. Aside from the fact that it's usually not the spammer who sees the bounce messages, maybe that's not a very good idea.

Bob