[Spambayes] .org and .net (was: More "spam of the future" lately?)

Tim Stone tim at fourstonesExpressions.com
Tue Dec 16 22:19:09 EST 2003

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 19:10:54 -0800, Eli Stevens (WG.c)
<listsub at wickedgrey.com> wrote:

> Ryan Malayter wrote:
>

>> One of the most innocent tokens is a .org URL, which I thought were only
>> supposed to go to not-for-profits. Did somebody fool Verisign or
>> Register.com during the domain registration process? Or can you get a
>> .org domain from those fly-by-night registrars, too?

Yup... anyone can get 'em, all ya gotta do is ask.  There is no 'policing'
of those domains.

--

Vous exprimer; Exprésese; Te stesso esprimere; Express yourself!
Tim Stone