[Spambayes] So close but yet...

kent tegels ktegels at Msn.com
Fri Dec 12 14:54:44 EST 2003

Okay, that got me over the hump and everything is well and good, but
SpamCount.py still has issues.

I run:
G:\sba>spamcounts.py -r '.*' -p -d 'G:\Documents and
Settings\ktegels\Application Data\SpamBayes\default_bayes_database.db'

I picked the default_bayes_database.db because I don't have
proxy\statistics_database.db.

And get:

db: G:\Documents and Settings\ktegels\Application
Data\SpamBayes\Proxy\statistic
s_database.db
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "G:\sba\spamcounts.py", line 136, in ?
    sys.exit(main(sys.argv[1:]))
  File "G:\sba\spamcounts.py", line 123, in main
    db = shelve.open(dbname, flag='r')
  File "G:\Python23\lib\shelve.py", line 231, in open
    return DbfilenameShelf(filename, flag, protocol, writeback, binary)
  File "G:\Python23\lib\shelve.py", line 212, in __init__
    Shelf.__init__(self, anydbm.open(filename, flag), protocol, writeback,
binar
y)
  File "G:\Python23\lib\anydbm.py", line 77, in open
    raise error, "need 'c' or 'n' flag to open new db"
anydbm.error: need 'c' or 'n' flag to open new db
Exception exceptions.AttributeError: "DbfilenameShelf instance has no
attribute
'writeback'" in  ignored

So, obviously, I don't know how to point SpamCount.py at the right database
instead of statistics, right? That's what I thought the -db switch did.

How do I it?

Thanks all for your patience with this somewhat dense Windows User.

kt