[Spambayes] Are you considering to ad the option of deleting theSpam mail from the servers

Richie Hindle richie at entrian.com
Tue Dec 9 04:37:56 EST 2003

[Tony]
> I'm curious to know what your ideas are - this may move up my to-do list
> after the testing/etc for the '7.5' binary is done since my wife's
> connection is via dialup (in a rural area, as well, which doesn't help), has
> very homogeneous spam, and could speed things up greatly.

I want a webmail client with SpamBayes in it, or to put it another way, I
want sb_server to be a full POP3 client.  Your wife (and Guy, the OP) can
run it locally on her machine and use it to clean out her POP3 account
before downloading mail, and I can run it on www.entrian.com and use it to
read my home email from work.

It wouldn't interact with the proxy at all - you'd click a "Read email"
button and you'd get three lists of messages (ham/spam/unsure).  You could
click on a message to read it (probably in another frame, a la Outlook).
You'd get roughly the same radio buttons as the training interface, except
that classifying a message would move it into the appropriate list, and
Discard would delete it from the POP3 account (and hence should probably
be called Delete).  Any message left undiscarded would remain on the
server to be picked up later.

I have a simple webmail client at http://entrian.com/cgi-bin/pop3.py (but
the code is horrible).  It talks to the POP3 server, displays messages,
and understands about multipart messages and attachments.  So I want to
either integrate SpamBayes into that, or (more likely) integrate a
rewritten version of that into sb_server.

--
Richie Hindle
richie at entrian.com